Experimental sewing finished

For the weird idea I had with sewing 2 fronts of a skirt together, this is the end result.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I put elastic for the waist because I couldn’t find the waist facing pattern pieces and I was too lazy to make new ones.  I call this skirt my Sushi Skirt because with the elastic waist I can eat all the sushi I want with little discomfort due to expand-o-waist.

Would I do this again?  I think just using a pattern would have been just has easy.  But, I was short on material and using the back piece wouldn’t have fit.  So if I come against that type of situation I would do it again and just go straight to the elastic waistband.  Or buy a new pattern.  But, I liked that I didn’t buy any new materials or patterns, I made do. And it worked out.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s