Today I had the luxury of sewing for most of the day. I usually don’t get that opportunity. I mainly worked on my 1943 vintage Dubarry dress pattern. When I got to a stopping point (need to buy buttons) I started playing around with the button hole function on my machine in anticipation of putting in buttonholes. The buttonhole function has only worked once, every other time it has failed miserablely and I’ve taken it in several times never to get it adjusted etc. When the machine is serviced the tech guys can obviously get it to do just fine and think I’m crazy. So today I tinkered and wrote down notes and finally after about an hour I think I figured it out. I’m so excited, I love my Pfaff but to tell you the truth at the price I paid not to have something work really bothered me, so much I considered switching brands. But, after looking at the problem and really strategizing it I finally got it to work. If you ever have problems with the buttonhole function on your Pfaff send me an email and I can tell you what I did to correct the problem. And, no you don’t have to do the manual function to get nice button holes.