Like every year before I make a list of things I want to do over the next year.
- I vow never to eat another Hostess chocolate cupcake!
- I will have every minute of my life scrap booked with pretty handcrafted Martha Stewart like craftiness!
- I will work out 6 times a week!
- I will sew an entire wardrobe using only scraps on hand!
- I will take 2 minute showers! and so on ad nauseam.
For some reason I love torturing myself this way , cause every year I diligently write ’em out, only to be disappointed come the end of the year that I have not learned how to play the mandolin or become fluent in Farsi.
Like a tabula rasa, January 1st is a second chance and I love second chances. One thing on my list of good intentions ( my house is wall papered with last year’s good intentions) is to get this sewing room organized. It’s a wonder I can do anything in here.