Memorial Day Weekend has been a good one. I have completed the 1970’s apron, wrap dress. Here are the alterations that I did on the dress. I would absolutely do this again. I would love to refine the alterations and do a few things differently next time.
Shortened it considerably
- Shortened the halter straps
- Placed halter strap closer towards center front
- Cut halter straps in two and placed a snap on the back of strap. (Couldn’t get it over my big head)
- Small bust adjustment ( but could have done a bigger small bust adjustment)
- Lined it with a vintage silky type
- Doubled the length of the tie
- Placed snaps inside the dress to hold it up
- Stitched in the ditch so the lining is just a little visible
- Created the slight flip in the back to see the back of the lining
Check it out!