At our sewing meetup we are doing a fitting shell workshop. I have avoided doing this like the plague. 2013 I’m doing it and I’m bringing all my sewing friends kicking and screaming with me. For our January meetup some came with fitting shells and gingham in hand and got to work.
Well, not really. This was as far as I got. And, Jamie…well, she got the paper out of the envelope and cut out. The pattern that is, not the actual gingham Hmmm. Bad girls. Kim and Becca were literally wrapped up in their Costume-Con project and didn’t get the fitting shell even out of the packet.
Well, I was busy. I chatted with the ladies. We haven’t seen each in other in a month! Met new members (Yea!) Helped a new sewer with her machine, tried to anyway. Talked some more, snacked. Looked at sewing books, watched a fitting video, took crappy photos. Gabbed and snacked more. Fiddle with material. Drooled over some vintage linens Tiffany was using to make aprons with. Went in search of my sushi. Oh, but we did make a few resolutions.
- Make a gown for the Denver Film Society’s Oscar bash for 2014
- Go to the Edith Head show in March
- Go to the bar and do a Suds and Sew. Can’t wait for that one!
- Volunteer for Costume-Con in May
- Go to Sewing Expo in February
- Go to Sewing Summit in October
- Sew more from independent pattern makers.
- Do more charitable creating for those in need.
- Do costume shop tours of local theater/opera companies.
- And, whatever else comes down the pike.
Current new member Tish of HISS Studio (so awesome that she came) has opened a sewing studio and offers a variety of classes for seamstresses of all levels.
I look forward to collaborating with Tish and HISS Studio more in the future. Oh, and it was Miss Tish who came up with the idea of Sew and Suds. Stay tuned for that one.