Got a call today from the sewing fairy
After God knows how many hours spent on this ridiculous pant issue, ripping out, re-doing, re-cutting, darting, crying, buying more freaking fabric and on and on, turns out I was putting the damn waistband on upside down. Can. Not. Believe. It.
Do tell. What has been your silliest mistake. To date. 🙂
Perfect pant pattern – finally
I’m sure you are all aware of the 10,000 hours rule. It takes 10,000 hours to become an expert. It seems like I have put in about 10,000 hours on perfecting (nearly) pants. I have made 6 sample pairs, gone through a bolt or two of muslin but finally here they are. Here is the low down on Butterick 4998 (out of print, yes I’ve been working on them that long).
- Material is a black denim no Lycra.
- I had to do a number of adjustments and most in the crotch length and depth areas.
- I added pockets in the back which you can’t really see.
- I took the side seems in one inch so I could adjust them later if necessary.
- I did a Claire Schaffer yolk waist band which is the final addition that really put me over the moon with happiness (only a fellow seamstress would understand). And Viola!
- Continue reading